Why Is It Important to Clean Your Beauty Accessories?
Cleaning your beauty blenders and makeup accessories are more important than most people realize. As you are doing your everyday makeup while using your beauty blenders, they collect germs and bacteria. If you don’t clean them regularly, then those germs and bacteria get transferred onto your skin. Learning how to clean them properly is vital so that you can keep your skin healthy and fresh.
How to Clean Beauty Blenders, Makeup Sponges hoeand Brushes
There are several ways to clean your makeup accessories. Knowing how to wash makeup sponge accessories as well as DIY beauty blenders or brushes can protect your skin. Here are specific tips for each apparatus:
How to Clean a Makeup Sponge
- Rinse the sponge under warm water until the sponge is completely soaked.
- Now, use a cleanser, such as Dawn dish soap, to remove hidden oils. Add a dollop directly to the sponge and massage it thoroughly.
- You’ll now rinse the sponge until all of the suds are gone, and it’s completely clean.
- Leave it out to dry.
How to Clean a Beauty Blender
- Water down your beauty blender.
- Dab some baby shampoo on the blender. Honest products are a great natural alternative. If you need something a bit more affordable, Johnson’s works well, too.
- Run the blender under warm water until the shampoo is thoroughly rinsed from it.
- Let it dry for a few hours.
How to Clean a Makeup Brush
- You can use baby shampoo or dish soap. Just add a dab of whichever one you choose to a warm glass of water.
- You’ll want to swish the brushes around in the water, squeezing all of the excess makeup out of them.
- Rinse the brush until all of the makeup and cleaning agents are gone.
- Then, lay the brush out flat to dry.
How Often Should You Clean Them?
You know how to wash beauty blender products, sponges, and brushes now. So, how often do you need to do it?
As you probably know, beauty blenders and sponges are similar. A beauty blender is basically a more expensive version of a typical beauty sponge. They last about the same amount of time, though, and need similar care. You should clean them after each use, but even once or twice per week will suffice.
How Long Can Makeup Last?
The length of time that makeup accessories last can vary, depending on how often you use them and what the quality of the product you purchase. However, there’s a basic timeline for all makeup products. Here is the timeline for some of the more common makeup items once they are opened:
- Mascara: Three months
- Liquid Eyeliner: Three months
- Foundation: One year
- Blush: One year
- Primer: One year
- Lipstick: One year
- Eyeshadow: One year
When Should You Get a New Makeup Accessory?
Using these tips for cleaning sponge products and beauty blenders will make them last much longer. However, there is still a general timeline you should follow for replacing your makeup accessories.
- Beauty brushes should be replaced every three months.
- Sponges should only be used for about six months.
- Beauty blenders can last up to six months with proper care.
What Products Can You Buy to Clean Blenders and Other Makeup Accessories?
In addition to the baby shampoo and dish soap mentioned before, there are specific products you can purchase that are specially designed to clean makeup accessories. For example, if you want to know how to clean sponges using a product specifically for sponges and brushes, you can purchase one of the following.
- Blendercleanser Solid
This product works with speed and efficiency while ridding your beauty blender or sponge of bacteria, dirt residue, germs, and oil. Its silicone texture is made specifically for the material used to create beauty blender products.
- Blendercleanser Liquid
Consisting of sea salts and coconut surfactants, this liquid beauty blender cleanser takes care of difficult to remove stains. That stubborn foundation that just doesn’t seem to go away with other cleaners won’t stand a chance against this. As an added bonus, it’s paraben, sulfate, and phthalates free.
- Solid Brush & Sponge Cleanser
This e.l.f. product is not only economical, but it also delivers on its promises. This is a solid cleanser that offers a thorough cleaning to all of the brushes and sponges in your makeup collection. Even better, it’s enriched with charcoal to help detoxify any bacteria, preventing skin blemishes and breakouts. It even includes a travel-friendly case so that you can take it with you when you’re on the go.
Now you know how to clean beauty blenders and makeup sponge products for keeping your beauty equipment hygiene friendly. You’re all set to enjoy that new beauty blender without any worries.