Having smooth skin is anything but a smooth process. Razors cause cuts, bumps, and irritation, constantly need to be replaced, and your stubbly skin is back within days. While there are plenty of other hair removal options out there, from laser hair removal to waxing, an easy and more importantly, pain-free way to remove hair at home is with hair removal creams. They’re affordable, work within minutes, and leave your skin feeling smooth days longer than shaving.
How Does Hair Removal Cream Work?
Hair removal cream is also known as depilatory cream. A chemical depilatory is a cosmetic mixture – most commonly containing salts of thioglycolic acid and thiolactic acids – that is used to remove hair from the skin.
Depilatory creams break the keratin bonds and hydrolyze the hair so that it is easily removed. Because this process dissolves hair below the skin’s surface, you can remain stubble free for longer than shaving, which slices through the hair above the skin’s surface.
No one hair removal cream is right for everyone. But if you’re tired of constantly shaving, here are a few options to consider.
Nair Hair Removal Creams
- Nair Lotion With Cocoa Butter: This Nair hair removal cream is optimized for leg and body hair removal, with cocoa butter, vitamin E, and other natural ingredients to prevent irritation and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. It removes hair under the skin in as little as three minutes and offers results that last longer than shaving.
- Nair Moisturizing Face Cream: Unlike other products, this facial hair removal cream is not only safe to use on your face but is optimized for it. Gentle and moisturizing, it contains natural extracts, including sweet almond oil. It removes facial hair below the surface of the skin to leave your face feeling smooth. Additionally, it gently exfoliates to make your face feel soft and radiant.
Veet Hair Removal Cream
- Veet Aloe Vera Legs & Body Hair Remover Gel Cream: Frequently rated the best hair removal cream for legs, the gel-cream formula removes hair at its root, leaving long-lasting smooth skin. Veet hair removal cream effectively removes hair in as little as five minutes, and the pump bottle design and spatula offer easy application and removal. When comparing Veet vs. Nair, Veet’s sensitive formula is best for those with skin allergies or skin that is easily irritated. It contains aloe vera and vitamin E to soothe skin and leaves it feeling soft.
Sally Hansen Hair Removal Cream
- Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit: This is one of the best hair removal products for both face and body, as it works for both small and large areas of skin. It offers fast, pain-free hair removal that is easy to apply. It contains collagen and vitamin E to smooth and soften skin, as well as willow herb and pumpkin seed extracts, which can help reduce the appearance of hair regrowth for long-lasting smooth skin.
Nad’s Hair Removal Cream
- Nad’s Sensitive Hair Removal Cream: Your bikini area is prone to irritation, that’s what makes this sensitive formula one of the best pubic hair removal cream options. It’s packed with soothing and hydrating ingredients like melon extract, aloe vera, avocado oil, and honey to prevent bikini-line irritation and bumps.
Using a hair removal cream can offer quick results that last longer than shaving. It’s important to note that not all creams work well on everyone’s skin. Before applying cream all over, test it on a small patch of hair to make sure it does not cause irritation or an allergic reaction.