Aging impacts every aspect of our bodies, including our hair. As we get older, our hair may change color and texture, but that doesn’t mean you have to resort to monotonous hairstyles! Switching up your hairdo can bring new life to your locks.
Or, maybe you’re tired of all of the fuss of styling your hair and are looking for an easy hairstyle that has minimal prep time, but still makes you feel confident. Just because your hairstyle takes less time to primp, does not mean it has to be boring.
Before you head to the beauty salon, check out these top five hairstyles for older women.
Short Haircuts for Women Over 50
Having short hair keeps your hair looking healthy and keeps your hairstyle easy to manage. Less hair means less to style, right? Not always – hairstyles for women typically come with more upkeep to ensure your style is on point, but it is nice to have less hair on your shoulders, meaningless prep time and more time to relax and have a glass of wine!
- Pixie Cut – The Pixie cut is the ultimate short hair power move. When you are over 50, this hairstyle makes the most sense because it is easy to style and requires little to no blow-drying or hot tools. If you have straight or fine hair, this is the hairstyle for you.
- Blunt or Shaggy Bob – The bob cut gives you a little bit more hair to work with. If you have a natural talent for styling your own hair, consider getting a blunt or shaggy bob. Bob haircuts for women nicely frame the face and allow you to switch up the style with the right curling tools. Any texture hair will work for a bob since you can make it whatever you want.
Medium Haircuts for Women
Keeping your hairstyle at a medium length (consider this to your shoulders or just below) gives you a little more hair to deal with and work with. The benefits of having a shoulder-length haircut are endless: now you can throw it up in a ponytail or braid it when you are feeling lazy, or let it dry wild and natural. Letting your hair dry naturally should provide some voluminous waves to ensure you look extra chic.
- Shoulder-Length Textured Hair – Most women over 50, keep their hair at shoulder length. This is super easy because you can throw it up in a bun if you are exercising or let it down when you want to have a feminine look.
- Volume Cut – For women over the age of 50 with thinning hair, it is recommended to get a haircut that focuses on adding volume. This can be done with medium hairstyles with layers and angles so that your hair appears to have more volume than it actually does. Make sure you look into the right styling products to make sure you are the best version of yourself.
- Face-Framing Layers – As you grow older, you want to make sure that your hair properly frames your face. A shoulder-length haircut with face-framing layers can help to cover up any age lines or imperfections. Using trendy layers to draw attention to your best features, such as your eyes or cheekbones, is a great way to style your hair.
Although you may find your hair getting weaker as you age, your look certainly doesn’t have to. There are many haircuts for women over 50 that offer a bold and chic style. While short and medium styles tend to look the best, the possibilities are endless. There are many age-appropriate options for your unique style from shoulder-length with sharp angles to short and smooth bobs.